Childhood memories take me to a simpler time. Today there is a term for what was experienced in those days…it’s called “Mindfulness”. Children and animals live in it and serve as a wonderful reminder: Wherever you are, be there.
The home I grew up in was on a dead-end street with a finger of a lake and woods across the street. Countless hours were spent outdoors. The days and nights may have included:
- Playing sports (basketball, football, softball, tag, etc)
- Boating (non-motorized, canoes, float boats, etc); drifting on a raft or tube
- Sitting on the porch listening to the sounds of nature
- Walking or hiking
- Lying back and cloud or star gazing
- One of my favorite movies that bring mindfulness to the surface is THE PEACEFUL WARRIOR. I highly recommend it.
- TAKE OUT THE TRASH is a scene that everyone needs to watch! I find myself drawn in to watching it a number of times throughout the year.
- Life is a series of moments, let them take your breath away! Coach Lucy