With over three decades as a professional racquetball player and coach, Lucy DelSarto has what it takes to demonstrate and teach wellness like no one else. She lives and breathes wellness and determination on and off the court; and has done so throughout her life making her a key mentor and role model for all who come in contact with her. Lucy’s combination of captivating public speaking skills, practical and comprehensive knowledge of health and wellness, unique style in motivating others and keeping them motivated, all entwined with quick wit and humor makes Lucy the total package you don’t want to miss!
At the early age of 7 or 8, she recalls a visit to the doctors office. Although it was a routine health check up, the impact of that visit has remained etched in her memory as it emphasized the importance of personal responsibility in being active and healthy. Following her instincts, Lucy embrace a lifestyle of living well and taking care of herself thus providing her the amazing quality of life she has today. With a strong desire to be active and full of vitality, Lucy continues to educate herself and walks the talk of a true wellness warrior.
*Lucy’s Mantra: If you don’t take care of your body, where will you live?
Lucy is the youngest of 10 children, raised in Decatur IL. So, it is no surprise that she learned how to be a team player and a good sport at a young age — and how to take a lot of harassment from older siblings! Their fun-loving teasing made her the determined and ambitious woman she is today…and led her to excel in sports and life. These life skills and habits are something she “pays forward” in her coaching.
In 1980, Lucy was introduced to racquetball and immediately excelled in the endeavor. Determination and commitment took her to the top Women’s level within a year. She continued to compete and travel extensively on the racquetball circuit; ranked in the top 16 in the world on the Women’s Professional tour; a Professional Instructor since 1981; Coach for the Stanford University team for four years; Lucy remains a fierce competitor in the top Men’s divisions and remains nationally ranked. She also continues her love of coaching the sport.
In 2006, Lucy created the TCOY Wellness Experience program (TCOY = Take Care Of You). Combining her coaching, mentoring and speaking abilities, she developed a highly successful Corporate Wellness program. The weekly classes empowers individuals by sharing her lifestyle knowledge and coaching. These steps encourage personal responsibility regarding health and provide inspiration in sustainable ways.
Lucy is a coach who know how to get results, whether on the racquetball court or with your health. Who better to guide you than the voice of experience and someone who lives the life?
How you do anything is how you do everything. Anyone who know Lucy uses these descriptive words: Passionate * Enthusiastic * Coach *
Lucy feels blessed that her dreams became a reality. She has been a professional athlete, coach and a wellness coach. All things are possible but action is required. The best gift you can give yourself and your loved one’s is your health, without it, little else will matter!
Be Well. Be Strong. Life is a long journey, your choices matter so remember to: Take Care Of You…for the Health of it!
~ TWO ANNUAL TCOY EVENTS ~
Choosing to making a difference in lives, locally and around the world.
We change the world by our actions not by our words.
- Tweak the Treat – An Annual event created in 2009, YouTube Video
Focuses on TOTAL WELLNESS: Mind, Heart and Body…a wonderful community family event.
- Participants donate holiday candy/treats and receive healthy and fun activities or items in exchange…including activity passes, gifts and fresh fruit.
- The community also reaches out to support the US troops by writing notes and drawing pictures which are sent along with the care-package to troops stationed around the world. *Additional non-profits have been added: Operation Christmas Child and City Union Mission. Sharing encouragement and love locally and overseas.
- KC Hug Day began as a simple way to reach out to let’s others know they’re not alone and people care. One fond memory from the first year was a gentleman I hugged. Later he found me and asked if he could talk with me for a moment. His words are etched in my memory forever: “I was having one of the worst days of my life and I just came down here to sit and be alone. Out of nowhere you came up and offered me a hug. I don’t know how to thank you. It gave me hope and changed my outlook. Thank you so much.” My takeaway…you NEVER know the impact you can have on another. Little things mean A LOT. Again, Head, Heart and Body…Total Wellness!
- TCOY is a lifestyle ~ Take Care of You.