One thing is for certain in life…there will be challenges. Learning how to cope is critical for one’s well-being. Here are a few great tips I’ve embraced over the years. May they be a good resource for you as well…TCOY!
- Pet Therapy – enjoy time with a pet. They are the best therapists and provide unconditional love.
- Laugh often – Laughter is an instant mini vacation. If you need help out of a slump, pull up YouTube and watch some old sitcoms or videos (personally, I’m a sucker for dog or baby and kid videos).
- Cuddle more – snuggling releases the hormone oxytocin, which triggers the dopamine system in your brain and improves your mood
- Embrace the kid in you – Doodling and coloring uses both sides of your brain which stops the stress cycle. Try it, you’ll feel better!
- Take a walk and enjoy nature. Slow down and be amazed out how truly awesome our natural surroundings are. Look up at the sky, the clouds, the stars and enjoy water, whether it be a pond, lake, river, waterfall or the ocean.
- Breathe Deep – simple but often overlooked, the power of slowing down one’s breath can truly calm the entire body and thought process.
- Give thanks – an attitude of gratitude. When you pray, begin with a reflection of your many blessings. Everyone has blessings, speak of of what you have not what you don’t have.
TCOY = Take Care of You!