In the movie “The Wizard of Oz”, Dorothy discovered in the end that everything she ever needed was right where she was at “home”. Often people fail to see the multitude of benefits of drinking water daily. Without water, our body informs us through signs and symptoms. Yet, people ignore the signs or treat them with drugs or other things that really only cover up the body’s many cries for help.
I highly recommend the book “Your Body’s Many Cries For Help” by F. Batmanghelidj M.D. He emphasizes, from medical documentation and research, “you are not sick, you are thirsty!” Sadly, the medical community is a system driven by sickness and disease, thus they fail to embrace this simple proven fact.
Once again, we know what we “should do” but do we do it? Hmmm, could something so simple and free be that important? YES! Another excuse is “I don’t like the taste of water”. Soda’s, coffee, sports drinks and juices have been marketed to us, changing our taste buds and in the process our health has suffered greatly.
Five or six years ago, I purchased a shower unit and kitchen unit. Most people do not realize the most chemicals we are exposed to daily, is during our hot morning shower. Not only does the heat increase the chemicals but our pores are open and thus more are entering our body. See information below.
I upgraded my kitchen unit last year to an Enagic / Kangen water unit and it has impressed me beyond belief. The difference in PH levels is tremendous folks! Not only does this unit provide great tasting pure drinking water, but there are also numerous different PH levels. The 11.5 ph cleans with WATER not chemicals (this is HUGE…I actually clean my oven, counters, carpet stains, blood and oil stains, etc). It also cleans off pesticides, herbicides chemicals off the fruit and vegetables. The health benefits are numerous!
If you are ready to learn more about how water can change your life, I encourage you to contact me after reading the information below and watching this truly educational and insightful video clip.
20 Interesting and Useful Water Facts
- Roughly 70 percent of an adult’s body is made up of water.
- At birth, water accounts for approximately 80 percent of an infant’s body weight.
- A healthy person can drink about three gallons (48 cups) of water per day.
- Drinking too much water too quickly can lead to water intoxication. Water intoxication occurs when water dilutes the sodium level in the bloodstream and causes an imbalance of water in the brain.
- Water intoxication is most likely to occur during periods of intense athletic performance.
- While the daily recommended amount of water is eight cups per day, not all of this water must be consumed in the liquid form. Nearly every food or drink item provides some water to the body.
- Soft drinks, coffee, and tea, while made up almost entirely of water, also contain caffeine. Caffeine can act as a mild diuretic, preventing water from traveling to necessary locations in the body.
- Pure water (solely hydrogen and oxygen atoms) has a neutral pH of 7, which is neither acidic nor basic.
- Water dissolves more substances than any other liquid. Wherever it travels, water carries chemicals, minerals, and nutrients with it.
- Somewhere between 70 and 75 percent of the earth’s surface is covered with water.
- Much more fresh water is stored under the ground in aquifers than on the earth’s surface.
- The earth is a closed system, similar to a terrarium, meaning that it rarely loses or gains extra matter. The same water that existed on the earth millions of years ago is still present today.
- The total amount of water on the earth is about 326 million cubic miles of water.
- Of all the water on the earth, humans can used only about three tenths of a percent of this water. Such usable water is found in groundwater aquifers, rivers, and freshwater lakes.
- The United States uses about 346,000 million gallons of fresh water every day.
- The United States uses nearly 80 percent of its water for irrigation and thermoelectric power.
- The average person in the United States uses anywhere from 80-100 gallons of water per day. Flushing the toilet actually takes up the largest amount of this water.
- Approximately 85 percent of U.S. residents receive their water from public water facilities. The remaining 15 percent supply their own water from private wells or other sources.
- By the time a person feels thirsty, his or her body has lost over 1 percent of its total water amount.
- The weight a person loses directly after intense physical activity is weight from water, not fat.
10 Reasons to Drink Water
- Water is absolutely essential to the human body’s survival. A person can live for about a month without food, but only about a week without water.
- Water helps to maintain healthy body weight by increasing metabolism and regulating appetite.
- Water leads to increased energy levels. The most common cause of daytime fatigue is actually mild dehydration.
- Drinking adequate amounts of water can decrease the risk of certain types of cancers, including colon cancer, bladder cancer, and breast cancer.
- For a majority of sufferers, drinking water can significantly reduce joint and/or back pain.
- Water leads to overall greater health by flushing out wastes and bacteria that can cause disease.
- Water can prevent and alleviate headaches.
- Water naturally moisturizes skin and ensures proper cellular formation underneath layers of skin to give it a healthy, glowing appearance.
- Water aids in the digestion process and prevents constipation.
- Water is the primary mode of transportation for all nutrients in the body and is essential for proper circulation.
10 Benefits of Using a Shower Filter
- Using a shower filter is one of the easiest and most effective ways to reduce harmful exposure to chlorine and other chemicals.
- Showering in filtered water results in greater respiratory health by reducing the risk of asthma and bronchitis from chlorine inhalation.
- Showering in chlorine-free, filtered water decreases the risks of bladder and breast cancer.
- Children, who are particularly at risk of the harmful effects of chlorine inhalation, benefit especially from the removal of chlorine from showering water.
- As chlorine is a leading cause of fatigue, showering in filtered, chlorine-free water results in higher energy levels and overall greater health.
- Removing chlorine from showering water results in better air quality throughout the house.
- Without the drying effects of chlorine, skin becomes softer, healthier, and younger looking.
- Removing chlorine from showering water reduces the presence of skin rashes and the appearance of wrinkles.
- Because the hair is able to preserve its natural moisturizing oils, it becomes softer and healthier when chlorine is removed from showering water.
- When the body is able to retain its natural moisturizers, the need for costly lotions and moisturizers is greatly reduced.
* The Crown of Water *