Did You Know?
Tea is a great food for health!
- Tea, without sugar or honey, only has two calories per cup.
- Steeping tea for three to five minutes produces the most antioxidants.
- Milk in your tea doesn’t reduce tea’s health benefits.
- The maximum amount of antioxidants contained in tea comes from brewing loose leaves or from tea bags. (Tea in powders or bottles has little or no helpful antioxidants!)
- Tea in products applied to the skin has little or no health enhancing properties.
- Teas, especially white and green teas, can help with the following: Stimulate mental clarity, reduce the risk of certain cancers, reduce the risk of heart disease, lower blood sugar levels, help prevent viral infections, help prevent bad breath, and help prevent tooth decay.
- Also, because the water used in tea is boiled, this makes tea safer to drink than tap water…